Re: macos ventura SDK spews warnings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: macos ventura SDK spews warnings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-10-16 16:45:24 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> What I *am* seeing, in the 9.5 and 9.6 branches, is a ton of
>>
>> ld: warning: -undefined dynamic_lookup may not work with chained fixups
>>
>> apparently because we are specifying -Wl,-undefined,dynamic_lookup
>> which the other branches don't do.  That's kind of annoying,
>> but it looks like preventing that would be way too invasive :-(.
>> We'd added it to un-break some cases in the contrib transform
>> modules, and we didn't have a better solution until v10 [1].

> Hm - I think it might actually mean that transforms won't work with the new
> macos relocation format, which is what I understand "chained fixups" to be.

Hm ... hstore_plpython and ltree_plpython still pass regression check in
9.6, so it works for at least moderate-size values of "work", at least on
Monterey.  But in any case, if there's a problem there I can't see us
doing anything about that in dead branches.  The "keep it building" rule
doesn't extend to perl or python dependencies IMO.