Re: pgsql: Allow some recovery parameters to be changed with reload - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow some recovery parameters to be changed with reload
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 2019-Feb-08, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> The timestamp of this commit is a bit messed up:
>> commit: 13b89f96d07ad3da67b57f66c134c3609bd3e98f
>> author: Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>
>> date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 09:28:17 +0100
>> committer: Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>
>> date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 08:34:48 +0100
>>
>> Perhaps you overlooked a --reset-author switch?

> I don't think we actually have a rule about these timestamps, and I
> don't think we really care, do we?

Yeah, if you want to see a sequence of dates that makes sense,
you need to look at the commit-date.  Whether the author-date
closely matches that depends on the particular committer's
workflow.

            regards, tom lane