Re: Problem building 9.0 Beta 3 US PDF file - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem building 9.0 Beta 3 US PDF file
Date
List pgsql-docs
Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=DCND=DCZ?= <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> I could build 9.0 Beta 3 A4 PDF without any issues, but I think something is broken in US PDF generation:
> This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
> entering extended mode
> ! I can't find file `postgres-US.tex-pdf'.
> <*> postgres-US.tex-pdf

Hm.  I'm not seeing that (on Fedora 13), but what I am seeing is that it
grinds for awhile and then fails with

[379.0.22
! pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pdfstartlink.
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup \set@typeset@protect
l.280599 {1}}
             You will want to use a version of GCC subsequent to 3.3.2,
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on postgres-US.log.
make: *** [postgres-US.pdf] Error 1

which is darn odd seeing that the -A4 version builds OK.

            regards, tom lane