Re: new format for describe (repost #2) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: new format for describe (repost #2)
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I have done up a new way of dumping table data:

I don't care for the forced double quotes.  Maybe if you double-quote
only identifiers that need it?

Upper-casing the keywords seems like a visual improvement.

I'm ambivalent about forcing the titles ("Indexes:" et al) onto their
own lines.  It's more readable, maybe, but it makes the display take up
more vertical space.  Having to scroll back negates any readability
improvement IMHO...

> Rules:
>     "test_rule" AS ON INSERT TO users_users DO INSTEAD NOTHING;,
>     "test_rule2" AS ON INSERT TO users_users DO INSTEAD NOTHING;

The semicolon-comma bit is weird-looking, and confusing.  Maybe we
should lose the commas altogether.

            regards, tom lane