Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Maybe this means that we should give pgindent a run over the back
>>> branches.
>>
>> Yea, that thought has crossed our minds, but the problem is that there
>> is little testing of back branches so it would be risky.

> That's a fair point, though I wonder how can a code indenter be so
> broken that it broke code in ways not detected by our buildfarm.

Yeah, the buildfarm has changed that equation a little.

I think that if we were going to do something like switch to GNU indent,
we'd really have to do that (re-indent the back branches) to maintain
our sanity.  And again anytime we moved to a new release of indent.