Re: New tzdata available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New tzdata available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> For people using prebuilt packages, it's really the packager's problem.
>> I think most packagers are going to move to depending on a system
>> timezone DB if at all possible.

> Still need a solution for those where it's not possible (hint: Windows).
>  Not saying it has to be what's there now, but there has to be something
> workable.

Are Windows users accustomed to having up-to-the-minute timezone
information?  Maybe there's something I don't know about Microsoft's
update practices, but I would have thought that the expectations on that
platform would be pretty darn low.