Re: Schema (namespace) privilege details - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Schema (namespace) privilege details
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Rod Taylor" <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> Will we be able to accomplish the equivelent of the below?

I think what you're depicting is the equivalent of a schema owner
dropping a table in his schema, right?  Yes, I proposed allowing that,
but not granting the schema owner any other ownership rights over
contained tables.  This is analogous to the way that ownership of a Unix
directory lets you rm a contained file ... but not necessarily alter
that file in any way short of rm'ing it.

> Yes, basically what we do now.  I'm hoping to add the ability to
> enable a group (ROLES) to have ownership of items as well as users
> when I complete the other tasks I've set before myself.

That could be a good extension, but I think it's orthogonal to the
immediate issue...