Re: Example indenting - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Example indenting
Date
List pgsql-docs
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> I noticed that while the development docs indent examples (for example
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-explain.html), the
> main docs don't
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-explain.html).

I believe this isn't so much a function of the docs themselves as the
webpage template they're being stuffed into on the latter site.
Probably pgsql-www is the place to complain about it.

> As you can see, the same page on the main docs doesn't scan well, and
> all the examples and paragraphs merge into a tangled mess.

Hm, both pages render acceptably for me in Safari --- it's true that the
examples aren't inset relative to the text on the main-docs site, but
I don't see anything "messed up" beyond that.  What browser are you
using?  Could you post a screenshot of what you see?

            regards, tom lane