Re: Increased BLKSZ, but now pgsql seg-faults? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Increased BLKSZ, but now pgsql seg-faults?
Date
List pgsql-general
oberpwd@anubis.network.com (Wade D. Oberpriller) writes:
> I've increased the BLKSZ to 32K to support large tuples and then I did
> a full re-compile (gmake clean, configure, gmake all, gmake install)
> and the database accepts my large tuples. But now when I come in
> through psql, I get a segmentation fault inside of psql when I try to
> display the table with the large tuples (i.e. \d largetable).

In psql?  That's pretty odd -- psql shouldn't even be able to determine
what blocksize the server is using, much less be affected by it.  I
suspect you may have unearthed an unrelated bug.

Would you (re)compile psql with -g and send a stack trace of the fault?

            regards, tom lane