Re: indexterm of pg_notify - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: indexterm of pg_notify
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In the index of current document, "pg_notify" is tied to the
>> word "Notes". This is odd for me.

> I think that's because the "Notes" section of that page is the only
> place in the documentation that pg_notify() is mentioned...  I agree
> it looks a little weird, but it's nice that it jumps to the specific
> section of the page that is relevant.

Yeah, the link would be less useful if it just pointed to the whole
page.  It would be nice though if the index entry said something more
specific than "Notes", perhaps "NOTIFY Notes".  Is there a way to
control the label used for an index link?

            regards, tom lane