Re: Merge statement - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Merge statement
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 12:48 PM Boboc Cristi <bobocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> *Top-posting is not by my choice, it is how the email client works.*

> Mine has the same default/convention.  It is not difficult to choose to
> behave differently if one wishes.  Given that these messages are read in
> archive by many people and usually with fairly long threads, most of which
> are indeed done to the bottom-posting convention, the wisdom of "when in
> Rome, do as the Romans do" is suggested.

Right.  The point of quoting in a sensible order and trimming irrelevant
material is to make it easier on the readers.  Failing to do that is
discourteous: it shows that you consider a few seconds of your time
to be worth more than a similar amount of time expended by each of
(possibly) thousands of other people.

            regards, tom lane