Re: BUG #14210: filter by "=" constraint doesn't work when hash index is present on a column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14210: filter by "=" constraint doesn't work when hash index is present on a column
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So ... what's your point?  This statement doesn't seem to lead to a
>> conclusion in favor of either of the alternatives I mentioned.

> I'm in favor of just adding a debug option. We should introduce a more
> general idea of a #define that enables a variety of debugging options,
> because it's silly to have to worry about buildfarm coverage each and
> every time this crops up. I'm not entirely sure what level that should
> be scoped at. The status quo is impractical.

I don't exactly see how that leads to any improvement --- you still end
up having to manually configure some buildfarm critters for coverage, no?

> Incidentally, did you see to it that there is buildfarm coverage for
> RAW_EXPRESSION_COVERAGE_TEST?

Yes, see dromedary.

            regards, tom lane