Re: slave stops replica - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Pepe TD Vo
Subject Re: slave stops replica
Date
List pgsql-admin
Can we delete the old WALs?  May I know what  is the retention to perform tuning on the server like Oracle to keep only 7 days and why pg_archivecleanup doesn't work?

Bach-Nga

On Friday, August 27, 2021, 03:29:54 AM EDT, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:

On Thu, 2021-08-26 at 21:09 +0000, Pepe TD Vo wrote:

> I had master slave replica and yesterday the slave server's device was full on /var
> where the archive copy from master.  After trying to figure out why the
> pg_archivecleanup doesn't work, SA removed all wal files except the  current
>
> I tried to create a test table on master and didn't see it pick up from slave.
> I found out again /var is full.

If you have deleted WAL that has no yet been applied to the standby, replication
is broken and you have to build the standby from scratch.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe