Re: [GENERAL] pg_filedump binary for CentOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] pg_filedump binary for CentOS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:
>> I don't particularly see a problem with having GPL'd contrib modules.

> I think that's a bad idea for all kinds of reasons.

Yeah.  From my viewpoint as a downstream packager, it creates a mess.

We've spent a great amount of effort and cajolery over the years to make
sure that the Postgres sources, including contrib, are uniformly
licensed.  We're not going to abandon that policy.

I have no idea whether Red Hat could be persuaded to relicense
pg_filedump.  It might be worth asking though.