Re: Change in CTE treatment in query plans? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Change in CTE treatment in query plans?
Date
List pgsql-performance
David Conlin <dc345@cantab.net> writes:
> Does anyone know if there's been a change in the way values for CTEs are
> displayed in query plans?

Offhand I don't recall any such changes, nor does a cursory look
through explain.c find anything promising.

If you're concerned with a multiply-referenced CTE, one possibility
for funny results is that the blame for its execution cost could be
spread across the multiple call sites.  The same can happen with
initplans/subplans.  But I'm just guessing; you didn't show any
concrete examples so it's hard to be definite.

            regards, tom lane