Re: fsync bug faq for publication? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fsync bug faq for publication?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Where did we get the idea that this issue only affects symlinked files?

Nobody said any such thing.  My point was that permissions and ownership
both have to be looked at.  The Debian situation is that there are symlinks
in $PGDATA pointing at root-owned files, and those files are (we think)
also used by other services; so Magnus' point was that you'd probably
better copy those files not modify their ownership/permissions in situ.