Re: [HACKERS] Also on SVR4 (Compiling 6.4 on NetBSD-current/pc532) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Also on SVR4 (Compiling 6.4 on NetBSD-current/pc532)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Frank Ridderbusch <ridderbusch.pad@sni.de> writes:
> Oh, one more thing. With 6.3, when psql lost connection with the
> backend, I got an error message saying so. With 6.4 it psql seems to
> be simply hanging.

Drat, I thought I fixed that.  I better make sure all the libpq patches
I sent in have been applied...

What point is psql "hanging" at, exactly?  Does it happen when you next
try to send a command, or when?  Are you using a TCP or Unix-socket
connection to the backend?