Re: Collect frequency statistics for arrays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Collect frequency statistics for arrays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue mar 01 18:51:38 -0300 2012:
>> How would we make it optional?  There's noplace I can think of to stick
>> such a knob ...

> Uhm, attoptions?

Oh, I had forgotten we had that mechanism already.  Yeah, that might
work.  I'm a bit tempted to design the option setting so that you can
select whether to keep the btree stats, the new stats, or both or
neither --- after all, there are probably plenty of databases where
nobody cares about the array-containment operators either.

That leaves the question of which setting should be the default ...