Re: Unicode string literals versus the world - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unicode string literals versus the world
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> writes:
> I've failed to keep up with the discussion so I'm not sure where this
> conversation has got to!  Is the consensus for 8.4 to enable SQL2003
> style U&lit escaped literals if and only if standard_conforming_strings
> is set?

That was Peter's proposal, and no one's shot a hole in it yet ...

I think the discussion about whether/how to add a Unicode extension to
E''-style literals is 8.5 material.  We are in beta so now is not
the time to add new features, especially ones that weren't even on the
TODO list before.