Re: Is it a bug ? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is it a bug ?
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Andy Shellam" <andy.shellam@mailnetwork.co.uk> writes:
> If this is a bug in 7.3, and it's not in later versions, I doubt the
> developers will be in any hurry to fix it, I don't know - maybe someone
> knows a quick patch fix, or if it was fixed in a later version of the 7.3
> series - as that would only be a minor upgrade (e.g. 7.3.2 to 7.3.8 or
> something), and it wouldn't cause you much downtime.

The 7.3.6 release notes say

     Avoid generating invalid character encoding sequences in corner cases when planning LIKE operations

This is far from the most important reason why you shouldn't be running
7.3.2 anymore though.  There are quite a lot of security and data-loss
risks fixed in the 7.3 release series.  See release notes at
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release.html

            regards, tom lane