Re: RE: [ADMIN] SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help ! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RE: [ADMIN] SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help !
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
>> before this manipulmation, pg_log = 1.073.741.824

> Ohhhh, your system reached max transaction ID -:(

That's two reports now of people who have managed to wrap around the XID
counter.  It doesn't seem that hard to do in a heavily used database.

Does anyone want to take more seriously the stopgap solution I proposed
for this problem (pghackers archives around 3-Nov-00)?  I believe you
shot it down that time, but I don't think that ignoring the problem
for another release cycle is a better answer.