Re: Postgresql server "crash" after some day - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgresql server "crash" after some day
Date
List pgsql-general
"Stefano B." <stefano.bonnin@comai.to> writes:
> I can make a connection from local host but I can't from remote host. If =
> I try to make a connection from remote host the server returns me the =
> classic remote error:

>     could not connect to server ... is the server running on host ... =
> and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

You've suppressed the part of that message that's actually useful ---
what was the kernel error message exactly?

> This problem happens after some day that I have start the server.

I'm betting it's a firewall kind of problem.  What is between your
remote host and the database server?

            regards, tom lane