Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej.groups@gmail.com> writes:
> On 01/02/2008, Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote:
>> The part about the BSD license is bogus. A BSD license is the most
>> desirable of any Open Source license and gives you the right to use
>> PostgreSQL in your commercial apps without worry.

> While I'm a big fan of the BSD license (for varied reasons) I think that
> OpenSource hardliners like RMS would argue that the BSD license is *NOT*
> in the true spirit of OpenSource *BECAUSE* of what you list as a bonus
> of it ... the locking down of benefits reaped from OpenSource not getting
> back into the stream.

The quoted article knocked *both* GPL and BSD as being "too open".  Too
open for whom, he didn't say.  The rest of the article is at about the
same quality level :-(  I have seldom seen such a sterling example of
cluelessness combined with FUD-spouting.

            regards, tom lane