Re: make use of ld --as-needed - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make use of ld --as-needed
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Minor gripe --- what's the motivation for moving this down as you did?

> What do you mean by "this"? I moved the AC_MSG_NOTICEs for CPPFLAGS and
> LDFLAGS down below the --as-needed check, since the --as-needed check
> may modify LDFLAGS.

Well, I guess the question is why you put the --as-needed check where
you did, rather than above the existing AC_MSG_NOTICE displays.  If it
has an interaction with the intervening tests, what is that exactly?
Surely finding "tar" for instance is not related.

            regards, tom lane