Re: automatically refresh all materialized views? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: automatically refresh all materialized views?
Date
List pgsql-general
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> writes:
> Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
>> Not always, there may be circular dependencies between them.

> I haven't been able to think of a way to create circular references
> among a set of materialized views, short of committing violence
> against the system catalog tables directly. What have I missed?

It'd be pretty trivial if we had CREATE OR REPLACE MATERIALIZED VIEW.

Which I assume is not there only for lack of round tuits, and not
because you deliberately intend that it will never be implemented.

            regards, tom lane