Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> (2) Do we have any live cases where we must know this?

> Yes.  This thread shows the problem:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-es-ayuda/2007-11/msg00354.php
> Basically he is getting this error:
> 2007-11-16 14:54:16 ERROR:  could not open relation 1663/16403/16487: Invalid argument

Well, since EINVAL is the default result from _dosmaperr, and none of
the cases it represents are "expected", why don't we just remove all of
the explicit mappings to EINVAL from doserrors[]?  Then we will get the
LOG message you need, and we won't have to increase the chattiness level
for anything else.