Re: pg_upgrade failing for 200+ million Large Objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_upgrade failing for 200+ million Large Objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> J4F, I have an idea to count number of ';' sings and use it for
> transaction size counter, since it is as upper bound estimate of
> number of SQL commands :-)

Hmm ... that's not a completely silly idea.  Let's keep it in
the back pocket in case we can't easily reduce the number of
SQL commands in some cases.

It's late here, and I've got some other commitments tomorrow,
but I'll try to produce a patch to merge more of the SQL
commands in a day or two.