Re: 8.5 development schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.5 development schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What I think we have is a lot of people who are waiting
> for feedback, and we should try to give them some.  I also know that
> reviewing 60 patches for the November CommitFest was a ton of work,
> and the reviewers (including the committers) ran out of steam well
> before we got done.  That, and not any desire to jump the queue, is
> the reason why I would like to get the reviewing process started
> before the patch list grows unmanageably large.

Yeah.  In core's private discussion of this, I too was arguing for
running a CommitFest ASAP, in order to have some motion on the existing
patch backlog.  I don't know that we'd actually end up committing many,
but we need to provide feedback so people can take the next steps.
People who *were* following the project calendar (like me for instance)
have been largely ignoring the 8.5 queue, so many of those patches are
just sitting out there without any substantive comment.

Right at the moment I imagine a large fraction of those patches are
broken anyway by the recent pgindent run --- has anyone checked?