Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum Logging - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum Logging
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> If Larry can do the work of getting details added into the stats views, I'm
> comfortable just setting all of the logging to debug1 and leaving it at that.
> I still could see the idea of having a guc for an autovacuum specific log
> control; I could see an admin who first enables autovacuum might want to log
> all its activity for some period of time; but the angle of "need to verify it
> is turned on" goes away with the stats info.

Yeah, there's a lot to be said for that point.  I was about to object
that you might not have stats turned on, but if you're running autovac,
I guess you do...

So let's temporarily forget the idea of complicating autovac's logging
code, and instead see if the stats approach will solve the problem.