Re: Reporting by family tree - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From swastik Gurung
Subject Re: Reporting by family tree
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Thursday, 5 October 2023 at 16:44:46 GMT+5:45, Ibrahim Shaame <ishaame@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a table of members of a large family extendending back to eight generations. The current members contribute a monthly amount to the family fund. Only true descendants are included in the family list, no wives, no husbands. There are two tables

1 - Names with the following fields: idno (unique) --family member

parentid -- id number of the parent who connected the child to the family

etc

etc

2 – Contributions with fields: idno

etc

etc

Now I want to report Names and contributions par family tree: My ideal is to list grandfather, father, children based on the two fields (id, parentid).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance