Trying to build 6.3.2 w/o success... gcc errors - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gilley, Charles H.
Subject Trying to build 6.3.2 w/o success... gcc errors
Date
List pgsql-admin
I have what I believe to be a simple configuration problem when I attempt
to compile on Solaris 2.5.1 with gcc 2.7.2.  Using the appropriate template,

the ./configure command refuses to use gcc.  Checking the template files,
I find that the sparc_solaris-gcc template does not contain a CC:gcc entry.
For that matter, many of the *gcc templates do not contain this line.  FYI.

What part of the configuration did I miss?  From the shell command line,
gcc is in the path.

Thanks for any help,

Charles Gilley
Glenayre Electronics