Re: query question really cant give a summary here so read the body ;-) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rhys Stewart
Subject Re: query question really cant give a summary here so read the body ;-)
Date
List pgsql-general
While I thank you for your time in reading and responding, <minor rant follows> This world is not ideal at any level, be it the lack of financial equity, the petty prejudices that permeate societies on a whole, increasing gas and food prices worldwide (I've officially parked my car and am taking the bus until gas goes down.....as if that is going to happen), the apparent negligence of the atrocities in and around Sudan which continue to be ignored by world powers and the fact that last night I was terrorized by mosquitoes because my mosquito repellent is depleted.  Data and databases are by no means exempt. One does not always have the luxury of designing a schema from scratch. Some people, myself included, do not use databases in the traditional fashion (traditional being part of a application of some type). That being said, I would appreciate that any further questions I have not be responded to by single line emails extolling the virtues of properly designed schemata, normalization or the like.</minor rant precedes>

Yeah, I would have loved to have been able to have a schema to rethink, in fact i just got some data and need to extract some similar values in a column, but thanks for your time!!

Rhys

Peace & Love| Live Long & Prosper

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd say you need to rethink your schema.