Re: Strange results with date/interval arithmetic - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strange results with date/interval arithmetic
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> At least it is before final.  Can we give people on hackers an SQL
> script to run in every database to fix this?  That is how we have
> handled this in the past.

We have?  I don't really know how one would adjust catversion without
an initdb.  (Bear in mind it's inside a binary, CRC-protected control
file; couldn't be done without a special-purpose C program AFAICS.)

If you wanted to *not* bump the catversion then we could let people run
a script to fix the two pg_proc entries, but I think that way is likely
to do more harm than good in the long run.  Too much chance of someone
carrying the wrong entries into production and not noticing their wrong
answers for a long time.

The ground rules for beta testers have always been "you may have to
initdb before final", and I think that's where we are now, annoying
as it is.

(Too bad we don't have a working pg_upgrade...)