Re: Problems with CVS HEAD compile - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems with CVS HEAD compile
Date
Re: Problems with CVS HEAD compile  (Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Since ecpg localization was added today, I am unable to compile
> src/interfaces/ecpg.  I get:

>     $ gmake -w clean
>     gmake: Entering directory `/usr/var/local/src/gen/pgsql/CURRENT/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg'
>     rm -f
>     usage: rm [-dfiPRrW] file ...
>     gmake: *** [clean-po] Error 1

Huh, seems you have a remarkably picky version of "rm".  None of the
machines I use seem to have a problem with an empty file list.

Of course the underlying issue is that ecpg hasn't actually got any
translations yet --- but that's unlikely to change for awhile.
Do we need to work around this?