Re: MySQL versus Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: MySQL versus Postgres
Date
Re: MySQL versus Postgres
List pgsql-general
Marco Colombo <pgsql@esiway.net> writes:
> It's a matter of correctness: I see PG as a high
> performance database system. Allowing to start it in awfully suboptimal
> conditions it's no different from allowing '0000-00-00' as a date: it
> may give you the idea you did the right thing, but most of the time you
> didn't.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few of us for whom "correctness"
doesn't mean "automatically try to eat all the resources available".
Your view of what is useful behavior is far too narrow-minded ...

            regards, tom lane