Re: ERROR: found xmin from before relfrozenxid - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Adrien NAYRAT
Subject Re: ERROR: found xmin from before relfrozenxid
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 1/24/19 3:14 PM, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> I'm checking the full version.
> As you said I saw that in 9.6.9 there was a fix for the next bug :
>
> Avoid spuriously marking pages as all-visible (Dan Wood, Pavan Deolasee,
> Álvaro Herrera)
>
> This could happen if some tuples were locked (but not deleted). While
> queries would still function correctly, vacuum would normally ignore
> such pages, with the long-term effect that the tuples were never frozen.
> In recent releases this would eventually result in errors such as "found
> multixact nnnnn from before relminmxid nnnnn".
>
> So basically, he just need to upgrade in order to fix it ? Or there is
> something else that need to be done?

Hello,

The fix prevent this error occur, but it doesn't fix tuples impacted by
this bug.

Did you try this : psql -o /dev/null -c "select * from table for update"
database

As suggested by Alexandre Arruda :
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAGewt-ukbL6WL8cc-G%2BiN9AVvmMQkhA9i2TKP4-6wJr6YOQkzA%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,