Re: effective_io_concurrency's steampunk spindle maths - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: effective_io_concurrency's steampunk spindle maths
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> So I think we should either rename e_i_c or keep it as is, and then also
> have a new GUC. And then translate the values between those (but that
> might be overkill).

Please DON'T try to have two interrelated GUCs for this.  We learned
our lesson about that years ago.

I think dropping the existing GUC is a perfectly sane thing to do,
if the new definition wouldn't be compatible.  In practice few
people will notice, because few will have set it.