Re: 7.4 build error in Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.4 build error in Solaris
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Seum-Lim Gan <slgan@lucent.com> writes:
> I encountered the following build error when building PostgreSQL 7.4
> in Solaris 9 using SUN workshop. Any idea what to do here ?

Is CVS tip any better?  I think this fix might be relevant:

    * configure, configure.in, src/include/pg_config.h.in,
    src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib/connect.c,
    src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib/misc.c, src/port/thread.c,
    src/tools/thread/thread_test.c (REL7_4_STABLE): Rename USE_THREADS
    to ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY to avoid name clash with Perl.    Fixes
    compliation failure with --enable-thread-safety --with-perl and
    Perl 5.6.1.

            regards, tom lane