Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have patches ready for this at
> https://github.com/petere/postgresql/tree/autoconf-updates.
> My thinking was to wait until Autoconf 2.71 has trickled down into the
> OS versions that developers are likely to use.

I find that kind of irrelevant, because we expect people to install
autoconf from source anyway to avoid distro-specific behavior.
I suppose that waiting for it to get out into the wild might be good
from the standpoint of being sure it's bug-free, though.

Do these versions fix any bugs that affect us (i.e., that we've
not already created workarounds for)?