Re: [BUGS] int2 unique index malfunction (btree corrupt) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] int2 unique index malfunction (btree corrupt)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Christof Petig <christof.petig@wtal.de> writes:
> During development of a CIM program I frequently updated a table by its
> primary key (int2 or numeric(3)). A lot of strange messages
> 'NOTICE:  (transaction aborted): queries ignored until END' alerted me
> that something is going wrong.
> [ details snipped ]

FWIW, the test program you supplied seems to run without errors for me.
I'm using current CVS sources on an HPUX box.

There was a fix applied on 8/8 to clean up a problem with btrees not
recovering from an aborted transaction properly, but I'm not sure
whether that has anything to do with your example...

            regards, tom lane