Re: Delete rule chain stops unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Delete rule chain stops unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-sql
Wiebe Cazemier <halfgaar@gmail.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Because the rule converts those inserts into, effectively,
>>
>> INSERT INTO debuglog SELECT ... WHERE EXISTS(some matching OLD row);
>>
>> and there are no longer any matching OLD rows in the view.

> Is this behaviour also present in Postgres 7?

It's always been like that.  We've jiggered some details about the order
of rule firing, but not much else.  If you want a more detailed response
you need to be more specific about what version you're comparing to and
exactly what rules you're worried about.
        regards, tom lane