Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better off replaced - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better off replaced
Date
List pgsql-docs
> One problem with doing it that way is that the proposed parenthical
> comment partly duplicates the text immediately following it, so I'm no
> longer so sure that adding it is good; I think that changing "local
> additions" to "local additions and changes" might be sufficient, or
> maybe that is too obscure for novices?  For create_database.sgml it does
> seem to make a little more sense, but I'm not 100% there either.

I think we should stick to the wording we've agreed to be clearer.
Maybe do manage-ag.sgml like so:

     By instructing CREATE DATABASE to copy template0 instead of
     template1, you can create a pristine user database, that is one where
     no user-defined objects exist and where system objects have not been
     altered.  This is particularly handy ...

            regards, tom lane