Re: APR 1.0 released - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: APR 1.0 released
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Bottom line - this is something of a mess. If we can make sure Cygwin
> isn't broken, we can probably live with what have for now. Personally, I
> would have configure work out something cleaner, like, say, defining
> WINDOWS_ALL for both Windows native and Cygwin. Then we could use that
> for cases meant to cover both, and __CYGWIN__  and  __MINGW32__  for the
> specific cases, without worrying what the compiler and/or the system
> header files might have defined for us.

I agree that this is a good idea, partly because I do not care for the
assumption that MINGW is the only compilation environment we'll ever
support for the Windows-native port.

I'm not in a position to work out or test the required changes, but I'll
be happy to apply a patch if you do the legwork ...