Re: Proposed Resource Manager Changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed Resource Manager Changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
>> * values 33-127 are available by centrally managed registration to help
>> avoid conflicts in Postgres projects on pgfoundry
>> * values 128+ are user defined

> One thing to worry about is a confliction of RmgrId.

I think Simon's proposal was sufficient for that already.  It seems
fairly comparable to the longstanding situation for statistics "kind"
numbers in pg_statistic, and we have had hardly any requests for new
allocations of those; conflicts in the field are simply nonexistent.

If we ever get to the point where there are groups of hackers competing
for the right to use rmgr IDs, I figure all the current members of
pgsql-hackers will have retired rich ;-)