Re: Closing some 8.4 open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> writes:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:13:59AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> If we were designing in a green field I think you could make a real
>> strong case for a single \df command with an output column "type" having
>> the alternatives regular, aggregate, window, and maybe trigger.

> What would it do for triggers?

Well, I was just reacting to a comment upthread about triggers not being
callable in the same contexts as other functions.  I'm not hot to label
them separately.  The return type would be shown as trigger, which in
theory is enough to tell you it's a trigger.