Re: pgsql: Clean up some code, comments and docs referring to Windows 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Clean up some code, comments and docs referring to Windows 2000
Date
List pgsql-committers
> For the note, it looks that we could get completely rid of
> src/port/getaddrinfo.c once we drop support for XP as IPv6 support is
> enabled by default on Vista and Windows 7.  For XP, one needs to
> install an extra module manually.  Do you think that there are other
> platforms using our port implementation for getaddrinfo() except
> Windows?  That's not material for today, obviously.

We don't have to guess about it too much, we can check the buildfarm.
Of the configure-using animals, it looks like fairywren, gaur, and
jacana are using src/port/getaddrinfo.c.  gaur's excuse is that its
libc is pre-IPv6 ;-) ... not sure about fairywren and jacana.

            regards, tom lane