Re: BUG #16955: Replication port problems - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16955: Replication port problems
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Given that port 5123 is operative on the primary rather than the secondary,
> why should SELinux on the secondary be recording issues for port 5123 ?

This hardly seems like a bug.  The entire *point* of SELinux is to prevent
daemon processes from doing unexpected things like connecting to ports
that they shouldn't.

> Issue is resolved by running "semanage port -a -t postgresql_port_t -p tcp
> 5123" on the secondary

And that's where you told SELinux it was okay.  But I would not expect
the out-of-the-box configuration to allow this, and it didn't.

            regards, tom lane