Does Stackbuilder need username/pwd for the proxy? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From maripabis@tiscali.it
Subject Does Stackbuilder need username/pwd for the proxy?
Date
List pgsql-general
I am a new user, and, as some people already highlighted before me,
after having installed Postgres 9.1, the stackbuider is not able to
connect to the URL www.postgresql.org/applications-v2.xml. I can reach
that page by the browser, however.
My PC is running windows XP SP2 and it connects to internet through a
proxy, which address I have inserted under the  "proxy server" tab  in
the Stack builder main window.
I am wondering if the problem could be in the fact that my proxy
requires a Username (with domain: something like: domain\username) and
a password. They are  specified in the Control panel - Advanced -
Password management tab, and I think the browser reads them from there.
However for other software (ESRI ARCGIS  Desktop) I had to explicitly
specify the username and pwd required by the proxy in a special option.
Could this be the case for postGRES too?
Thank you

Maria Paola Bogliolo
INAIL - Italy

E' nata indoona: chiama, videochiama e messaggia Gratis. Scarica indoona per iPhone, Android e PC:
http://www.indoona.com/