Re: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dmitry Turin
Subject Re: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant
Date
List pgsql-sql
> he wants to create a universal "database to web" interface language, so
> that you and I won't have to deal with the pesky complications of
> retrieving data in C with libpq or with PHP, Python and what not
> libraries or "adapters", and then have to transform that data for
> display to the user.

Yes.
Especially about adapters !

>OK, but I'm still not seeing how this avoids me having to use
>PHP/Perl/etc anyway.

TML stored function get XML from external world (DBMS listen port #80),
work, than make output of other XML into external world.
Transport is executed through HTTP.

>who cares whether the RDBMS has this specific layout as a format.

I want to answer, but i don't understood phrase "layout as a format".
Please, explain your question.

>I can see how it might be useful as a library

I don't see, how to use TML as library :)

>there are libraries that provide plenty of XML formatting

Once more: XML is side effect! If you know better format for tree,
please describe it.

Gold is ejection of shim (gasket): php, perl, etc.

Dmitry Turin
http://html6.by.ru
http://sql4.by.ru