Using Open Source Database - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Sameh Attia
Subject Using Open Source Database
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,
   Part of our road map is to use an open source database besides commercial databases (oracle and sql server), we need to select an open source database to build the necessary skills for administration and operation.

Then we would put guidelines on which applications should use open source database and which to use Oracle.
Then migrate these applications to the new open source database.

Part of this exercise is a financial exercise on the savings resulting from this transformation (CAPEX & OPEX). So do you have any pointers, case studies, and so on?
Regards
Sameh Attia
--
- Failure is not an option; it is a built-in feature in Windows.
- The two basic principles of system administration:

 * For minor problems, reboot
 * For major problems, reinstall

dc -e '603178305900664311156641389051003470569569613466992253686426210705237258P'